What to donate and where:
Financial donations are preferred. With these funds we are able to purchase new school supplies in bulk at a discounted rate, allowing your donor dollar to go further. For those wishing to donate school supplies, please see the list of most-needed items below.
We are extremely grateful for any donations we receive for this incredible program. Due to the high volume of items we receive in the lead up to SISS, as well as the quantities of each supply that we distribute per grade level, there are some items that we are more in need of than others.
Most-needed items for September 2019:
- New backpacks (child or youth-sized, with no corporate logos, offensive designs, or text)
- Blunt scissors (we cannot accept sharp scissors - we only give out scissors that are appropriate for children)
- Geometry sets
- Pencil crayons
- Glue sticks
Library drop-off locations (July 2018 - September 2018)
- Alta Vista Branch, 2516 Alta Vista Dr
- Ruth E. Dickinson Branch, 100 Malvern Dr (at Walter Baker Centre in Barrhaven)
- Greenboro District Branch, 363 Lorry Greenberg Dr
- Nepean Centrepointe Branch, 101 Centrepointe Dr
- St. Laurent Branch, 515 Cote St (off St. Laurent Blvd, part of the Don Gamble Community Centre)
- North Gloucester Branch, 2036 Ogilvie Rd
- Carlingwood Branch, 281 Woodroffe Ave (near Carlingwood Shopping Centre)
Most of these library branches are open 10:00 am to 8:30 pm (Mon to Thurs); 1:00 to 6:00 pm (Fri) and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sat). They are closed on Sundays, except for a few locations. To speak with an OPL representative, please call their central line at 613-580-2940.
For specific branch hours, please visit: http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/library
For large donations, or donations between October and June, please contact the Caring and Sharing Exchange directly:
We will arrange for a drop-off or pick-up of donated supplies.