What to donate and where:
Financial donations are preferred. With these funds we are able to purchase new school supplies in bulk at a discounted rate, allowing your donor dollar to go further. For those wishing to donate school supplies, please see the list of most-needed items below.
Any donation that you make is important to the Sharing in Student Success program. Any in-kind donations we receive will be redistributed to where they are most needed. Please help us grant children pride and dignity by donating NEW school supplies.
Most-needed items for September 2018:
- New backpacks, child or youth-sized, with no corporate logos, offensive designs, or text
- New pencil cases with no corporate logos, offensive designs, or text
- New binders (1" - 1 1/2", 3-ring)
- Geometry sets
- Blunt scissors (please consider donating only scissors that are appropriate for young children)
- Glue sticks
- Packages of colouring pencils
- Packages of coloured markers
- Binder dividers
Library drop-off locations (July 2018 - September 2018)
- Alta Vista Branch, 2516 Alta Vista Dr
- Ruth E. Dickinson Branch, 100 Malvern Dr (at Walter Baker Centre in Barrhaven)
- Greenboro District Branch, 363 Lorry Greenberg Dr
- Nepean Centrepointe Branch, 101 Centrepointe Dr
- St. Laurent Branch, 515 Cote St (off St. Laurent Blvd, part of the Don Gamble Community Centre)
- North Gloucester Branch, 2036 Ogilvie Rd
- Carlingwood Branch, 281 Woodroffe Ave (near Carlingwood Shopping Centre)
Most of these library branches are open 10:00 am to 8:30 pm (Mon to Thurs); 1:00 to 6:00 pm (Fri) and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sat). They are closed on Sundays, except for a few locations. To speak with an OPL representative, please call their central line at 613-580-2940.
For specific branch hours, please visit: http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/library
For large donations, or donations between October and June, please contact the Caring and Sharing Exchange directly:
We will arrange for a drop-off or pick-up of donated supplies.