What to donate and where:
Financial donations are preferred. With these funds we are able to purchase new school supplies in bulk at a discounted rate, allowing your donor dollar to go further. For those wishing to donate school supplies, please see the list of most-needed items below.
We are extremely grateful for any donations we receive for this incredible program. Due to the high volume of items we receive in the lead up to SISS, as well as the quantities of each supply that we distribute per grade level, there are some items that we are more in need of than others.
Most-needed items for September 2019:
- New backpacks (child or youth-sized, with no corporate logos, offensive designs, or text)
- Blunt scissors (we cannot accept sharp scissors - we only give out scissors that are appropriate for children)
- Geometry sets
- Pencil crayons
- Glue sticks
Library drop-off locations (June 2019 - August 2019)
- Alta Vista Branch, 2516 Alta Vista Dr
- Carlingwood Branch, 281 Woodroffe Ave (near Carlingwood Shopping Centre)
- Greenboro District Branch, 363 Lorry Greenberg Dr
- Main Branch, 120 Metcalfe St
- Nepean Centrepointe Branch, 101 Centrepointe Dr
- North Gloucester Branch, 2036 Ogilvie Rd
- St. Laurent Branch, 515 Cote St (off St. Laurent Blvd, part of the Don Gamble Community Centre)
- Sunnyside Branch, 1049 Bank St
To speak with an OPL representative, please call their central line at 613-580-2940.
Many OPL branches are closed on Sundays. For specific branch hours, please visit: http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/library
For large donations, or donations between September and May, please contact the Caring and Sharing Exchange directly:
We will arrange for a drop off or pick up of donated supplies.