What to donate and where:
Financial donations are preferred. With these funds we are able to purchase new school supplies in bulk at a discounted rate, allowing your donor dollar to go further. For those wishing to donate school supplies, please see the list of most-needed items below.
Any donation that you make is important to the Sharing in Student Success program. Any in-kind donations we receive will be redistributed to where they are most needed. Please help us grant children pride and dignity by donating NEW school supplies.
Most-needed items for September 2017:
- Backpacks: new, child or youth-sized, containing NO corporate logos, NO offensive designs or text
- Pencil cases: new, containing NO corporate logos, NO offensive designs or text
- Metric rulers
- Packages of 3-ring hole lined paper
- Lined notebooks
- Packages of colouring pencils
- Packages of crayons
- Packages of coloured markers
- Pencil sharpeners
- Glue sticks
- Blunt scissors
- Pencil cases
- Geometry sets
- NO BINDERS PLEASE
Library drop-off locations (July 2017 - September 2017)
- Alta Vista Branch, 2516 Alta Vista Dr 613-737-2837
- Ruth E. Dickinson Branch, 100 Malvern Dr (at Walter Baker Centre in Barrhaven) 613-580-2796
- Greenboro E. District Branch, 363 Lorry Greenberg Dr 613-580-2957
- Nepean Centrepointe Branch, 101 Centrepointe Dr 613-580-2710
- St. Laurent Branch, 515 Cote St (off St. Laurent Blvd, part of the Don Gamble Community Centre) 613-748-4208
- North Gloucester Branch, 2036 Ogilvie Rd 613-748-4208
- Carlingwood Branch, 281 Woodroffe Ave (near Carlingwood Shopping Centre) 613-725-2449
Most of these library branches are open 10:00 am to 8:30 pm (Mon to Thurs); 1:00 to 6:00 pm (Fri) and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sat). They are closed on Sundays, except for a few locations.
For specific branch hours, please visit: http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/library
For large donations, or donations between October and June, please contact the Caring and Sharing Exchange directly:
We will arrange for a drop-off or pick-up of donated supplies.