Celebrate Kindness in Ottawa starting Feb. 14th, 2020 Accora Centre (98 Woodridge Crescent) starting at 11 a.m.! We can't wait to see you there!
Every year in February, we join our friends from Accora Village and Ferguslea to launch Kindness Week in Ottawa. The community event is FREE and helps us launch a week where we recognize citizens who have participated in exceptional acts of kindness and and share your kind stories within the community!
Kindness Award Nominations | 2020 Theme: United for All (Unis pour tous)
Do you know of someone who exemplifies what it means to be kind to others? Or maybe someone who performed a noteworthy act of kindness? If the answer is yes, please consider nominating them for a Kindness Award. The theme for this year's nominations is United for All (Unis pour tous). Please nominate an individual/group who participates in acts of kindness that promote inclusivity and togetherness.
Kindness Week Art Contest | Click here to view our printable information poster for this year's contest!
As a part of Kindness Week, we will once again be hosting a Kindness Week Art Contest open to students at all Ottawa schools. Students are asked to create a work of art that represents kindness centered around the theme of “United for All”.
- There will be two categories where students can submit their work: JUNIOR (Kindergarten to grade 6) and SENIOR (grade 7 to grade 12).
- Prizes will be awarded to two winners: one for a JUNIOR contestant and one for a SENIOR contestant.
- At least one of the four winning designs will be used on our thank-you cards and other post-event materials, including our March newsletter (our thank-you cards are sent to community leaders such as Mayor Jim Watson, Rabbi Reuven Bulka, and many more!)
- The winner will be announced on the final day of Kindness Week (Friday, February 21st).
- Students must submit their work to their teacher, who will submit it on behalf of the student.
- Only one entry per student, please.
- We will assume that each entry submitted comes with permission to post the entry on our Facebook, as well as use it later on our thank-you cards, etc. should they win.
DATES AND DEADLINES
All entries must be received by end-of-day Wednesday, February 19th so they can be considered for entry by our Kindness Committee. The winner will be officially announced on Friday, February 21st.
Kindness Week Events
Event details will be displayed here and on our events page as they are confirmed. Stay tuned!
FIND OUT MORE | Back to Kind Ottawa Home